Pray about doing one, or more, of the four EASTER weekend outreach ideas:
(a) Host an Easter Egg Hunt for the children of your neighborhood. Share the Resurrection Eggs story.
(b) Deliver Easter Gift Bags to your neighbors (available this Sunday at our gathering place).
(c) Launch a neighborhood prayer ministry to your neighbors.
(d) Invite people to our Good Friday “Beach Reach” Gathering at Jacksonville Beach (6:45 p.m. near the Seawalk Pavilion).
ALSO!!… Check out these ideas Gina Spong found via Dandelion Resourcing (no longer available on their website)…
In episode 1, Brett mentioned making available a copy of the three year Bible reading plan that will be followed by the podcast. Here is is, as promised. Just click on the “download” button.
I am excited to announce that we will launching a new podcast very soon.
“Sound of Truth” will debut either at the end of this month or early next month (January).
I will be teaming up with Rick Doctor, one of our elders at Harvest Jacksonville, and Chase, my oldest son. One of the cool aspects of this team is that I am fourteen years older than Rick and he is sixteen years older than Chase. So we have a nice age variety represented. I will be the host, Rick will be my sidekick, and Chase will chime in occasionally, even as he focuses on the technical side of the broadcast.
We will be regularly interviewing special guests from various walks of life, including some of our members at Harvest.
We see this new platform of ministry as a way of getting the wisdom of God’s Word and the Good News of Jesus Christ outside the proverbial four walls of our church’s facility and organization and into the homes and hearts of people in our area and around the world.
Here is the official description of the new podcast…
“Pastor Brett and his friends discuss the Bible, current events, and life from a Christian perspective. Brett, Rick, Chase, and their special guests can’t wait to share with you the Word of God and their infectious joy in following Jesus. So grab a cup of coffee and enjoy the show, straight from Jacksonville, Florida.“
We plan on the podcast being available via video on YouTube and via audio on Apple’s iTunes.
Please stay tuned for the launch and help us spread the word.
There are 59 “one another” (or “each other”) commands in the New Testament. But because of repetition, the list can be reduced to 34… 28 positive commands (do this), and 6 negative commands (don’t do this) :
- “…Be at peace with each other.” (Mark 9.50)
- “…Wash one another’s feet.” (John 13.14)
- “…Love one another…” (John 13.35×2,25;15.12,17; Romans 13.8; 1 Thessalonians 4.9; 1 Peter 3.8,4.8; 1 John 3.11,23;4.7,11,12; 2 John 5)
- “Be devoted to one another in brotherly love…” (Romans 12.10)
- “…Honor one another above yourselves. (Romans 12.10)
- “Live in harmony with one another…” (Romans 12.16; 1 Peter 3.8)
- “Accept one another, then, just as Christ accepted you…” (Romans 15.7)
- “…Instruct one another.” (Romans 15.14; Colossians 3.16)
- “Greet one another with a holy kiss…” (Romans 16.16; 1 Corinthians 16.20; 2 Corinthians 13.12; 1 Peter 5.14)
- “…When you come together to eat, wait for each other.” (1 Corinthians 11.33)
- “…Have equal concern for each other.” (1 Corinthians 12.25)
- “…Serve one another in love.” (Galatians 5.13)
- “Carry each other’s burdens…” (Galatians 6.2)
- “…Be patient, bearing with one another in love.” (Ephesians 4.2; Colossians 3.13)
- “Be kind and compassionate to one another…” (Ephesians 4.32)
- “…Forgiving each other…” (Ephesians 4.32; Colossians 3.13)
- “Speak to one another with psalms, hymns and spiritual songs.” (Ephesians 5.19)
- “Submit to one another out of reverence for Christ.” (Ephesians 5.21)
- “…In humility consider others better than yourselves.” (Philippians 2.3; 1 Peter 5.5)
- “…Admonish one another” (Colossians 3.16)
- “…Make your love increase and overflow for each other.” (1 Thessalonians 3.12)
- “…Encourage each other…” (1 Thessalonians 4.18, 5.11)
- “…Build each other up…” (1 Thessalonians 5.11)
- “…Spur one another on toward love and good deeds.” (Hebrews 10.24)
- “Confess your sins to each other…” (James 5.16)
- “…Pray for each other.” (James 5.16)
- “Offer hospitality to one another without grumbling.” (1 Peter 4.9)
- “Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others…” (1 Peter 4.10)
The NEGATIVE “one-anothers”:
- “…Stop passing judgment on one another.” (Romans 14.13)
- “If you keep on biting and devouring each other…you will be destroyed by each other.” (Galatians 5.15)
- “Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other.” (Galatians 5.26)
- “Do not lie to each other…” (Colossians 3.9)
- “…Do not slander one another.” (James 4.11)
- “Don’t grumble against each other…” (James 5.9)