20 random, some very strange, things to do in the year 2010, many of which you probably didn’t do in 2009:
1. Watch the movie 2010: The Year We Make Contact
2. Write your U.S. Senator and express an opinion on something important to you.
3. Walk up to a total stranger and say, “I am the very model of a modern Major-General.”
4. Go on a 3-day fast from the computer (including anyone else’s; i.e. no cheating).
5. Eat mor chikin.
6. Find a 80s song that you liked; dance and lip sync to it in front of your children.
7. Establish a new family eating tradition (example – breakfast for supper every Sunday night).
8. Read a book about a subject of which you currently know almost nothing.
9. Play an age-appropriate board game with your family.
10. If you live near the ocean, get up early and go watch a sunrise.
11. Don’t begin your resolutions on January 1. Instead wait two or three weeks and then start them. You’ll end up looking like you lasted a lot longer than everyone else.
12. Plan a neighborhood party.
13. Go to the Doctor for a general check-up.
14. Rearrange the furniture.
15. Look through an old photo album.
16. Call a former teacher and tell them how much they influenced you.
17. If you live in a big city, find time to explore a community you’ve never visited.
18. Volunteer at a mission, shelter, or crisis pregnancy center.
19. Wash or repaint the baseboards.
20. Thank a Veteran.